Sunday, February 18, 2007

 

Pillow Talk

I love that moment in time when a small child settles into sleep.

They seem so peaceful and every once in awhile, they will say something that let’s you peak into their subconscious mind.

I hit the gold mine last night as Bek was drifting off.

You see, we have a new development in our household. Every morning, while I am getting ready for work, inevitably, the bathroom door slowly opens and there is Rebekah, rubbing her little eyes and asking for lipstick.

This is a disturbing development because it means I am undoubtedly going to be late for work. If I am anywhere near a vanity mirror, both girls want to be underfoot, putting on eyeshadow, lipstick and anything else they can get their hands on. Lexie also likes to try to stand in the shower (which gets her socks wet) and Bekah insists on weighing herself. They also like to throw things in the bathtub and use the washable crayons on the wall (you get the picture of what mornings are like if I don’t scoot out the door before they wake). They used to always sleep in until 7 and we can’t figure out why they have been waking at 6 these days.

So last night, she is sinking into sleep and Bekah says, “mommy, make sure you keep your door open when you go to sleep tonight.” This made me quite curious. I asked her why.

“So I can hear the sssshhhhoooooo in the morning”. She makes a hand signal that imitates a blow dryer.

“Oh dear!” it hits me. “Does my blow dryer wake you up in the morning?” I ask her.

“Yes. It is the easiest way for me to know that it is morning time. When I hear that, I know it time to get up and visit you in your bathroom”

Note to self – close all three doors between me and girls when blowdrying hair.

Comments:
Just for good measure, I might move the blow drying to the garage or outside. I'm a firm believer in "never wake a sleeping baby".
 
Bekah offered up a gem of insider information there! Too bad there's no such thing as a silencer for a hairdryer.
 
Kayce - I agree with you 100%! In fact, I'm thinking of simply shaving my head. I hear it's the hip new thing with the young women these days.

Aidan's Mom - Wait a minute! If they can silence semi-automatic pistols, why can't they silence a blowdryer?!?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counters